Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp hardly gets midi

boris_plotnikov

Sorry for second post. I have new HX Stomp, midi keyboard (Axiom 25) and Akai mpx8 (which is look great to become midi controller for HX Stomp). I connect everything, turn "omni" in global settings press "learn" on parameter (fx bypass). I tried all possible midi notes from my mpx8, I tried all keys and knobs on my midi keyboard. The only knob of keyboard gives a reaction to "learn" and start switching this fx on/off (other don't give any effect). I checked midi cable from my mpx8 - my iMac recieves midi signal in Logic Pro and I can play notes on virtual instruments using both keyboard and mpx8, while still no effect besides one knob of midi keyboard (CC106). I try to program pad on my mpx8 to cc106, HX stomp doesn't get it, I tried omni and channel 10 (as MPX8 is actually drum module). What am I doing wrong?

As far as I can tell after a quick look at the manual, your device only sends NOTE values, not CC#s. I've DL'd the User Guide, if I'm missing something, point me at the page # where it describes assigning CC#s.

"12. MIDI Out: Use the included 1/8"-to-MIDI cable to connect this output to the MIDI In of an external MIDI device. MPX8 can then send MIDI Note On and polyphonic aftertouch messages to that device (set each pad's MID parameter to the desired MIDI Note number)."

Korg nanoKontrol2 is the smallest I know of, and requires constant connection to a computer (USB powered, drivers). You'd also need MIDI routing SW such as MIDIOX (PC) or Midipipe (MAC).

If this is for desktop use with a computer, you might look into using MIDIOX (PC) to map a data conversion - convert incoming NOTES to CCs from your MPX8.

For standalone (LIVE) use, there's a device made by MIDI Solutions called the Event Processor which can be programmed to do the NOTE to CC conversion.

http://midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm

4 hours ago, boris_plotnikov said:

Rather expensive, but why not! Thank you!

Make sure you DL and read the manual carefully to be sure that it does what you need it to do before you buy.