Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix routing. How can I do this?

groovezilla79

So I've been borrowing a Helix from a friend for a few days and I'm really liking it. Currently using it in 4CM with my amp and it sounds great. Before I purchase 1 for myself, I'd like to know if the following scenario is possible:

-4CM into a tube amp (running drives/comp in front and delays/verbs in loop) NO amp modeling. 

-Full complement of effects WITH amp modeling out to an FRFR.

-I'd like to have stereo effects going between the real amp and the amp model into FRFR. (left output to amp return and right output to the FRFR) 

I was limited in time I got to spend with the unit, so I wasn't able to bring home an FRFR speaker and give it a whirl.  Sorry if this is redundant, but I was only able to find 1 post that mentions using an amp and FRFR, but did not seem like they were doing quite what I would like to try here.  Any help would be appreciated. 

There are probably more clever ways, but one easy way to do this would be to use Path 1 for 4CM - set it up however you like.

Then use Path 2 for your amp sim + cabinets -> FRFR.

The input section to Path 1 and Path 2 would be "Guitar". The output of Path 1 would be into the return of your amp. And the output of Path 2 to your FRFR.

Should be pretty easy.

I ran my DSL-100H into Helix using the 4CM, and also fed 3 Strymon pedals (BigSky, Mobius and TimeLine) for FX to color the DSL where needed, turning each of them "separately" on and off via the Control Centers midi setup for each Snap-Shot. Sending the DSL's speaker out to a "Captor" load box I could line out into a daw and use any IR or the built-in speakers in Helix, or the cab simulator in the Captor, or send the output to a 1960a. Now understand, that was all in just ONE patch. I could always just go to another patch and use and modeled amp into FRFR as desired. And when 2.8 update hits, I'll also be controlling 2 PowerCabs via L6-Link. So yea, Helix will be the center of your Studio should you decide to go that route.