Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Configuring Helix Midi CC Command in Snapshot Mode?

GenoBluzGtr

I'm trying to set up my Helix to use two footswitches to turn/scroll pages on my iPad (OnSong App).  I figure out how to make it work (pretty easy, actually), however, it will NOT allow me to configure one of my 4 "Snapshot" footswitches to send the Midi CC.   

All my patches are in 4Snap/4Stomp mode, I redid them all down to where i'm only using 3 for snaps and 3 for stomp, however, when I try to set up FS2 and FS8 (the two left-most of the bank of 8) it will ONLY work on the "Stomp" FS, and NOT on the "Snapshot" FS.  If I come out of Snap/Stomp mode and go into "Stomp Only" mode, they work great.    

I can easily live with one ONE Snapshot and without ONE Stomp, but I do NOT want to eliminate TWO of either. 

Please, before I go and (yet again) re-configure ALL my presets in Stomp Only mode, am I missing something?  Can I get one of the 4 Snapshot FSs to send Midi CC?

Thanks!

Snapshots send the Instant Command when the preset loads, and again after a different snapshot has been selected and the IC configured snapshot is recalled. Snapshots do not re-send the IC on consecutive presses.

So, when you load the preset it will likely turn your page whether you want it to or not, then not work again until you've selected a different snapshot and returned to the one you've configured.

Stomps are not sent at preset load, and will work every press. If you want to set it up 4x4, then use snapshots to change the pedal configuration, and use stomps to turn pages.

Thanks for the info... so it won't work for me then. I want to keep 3 snaps and 3 stomps available for pedal presets, and use one of each for OnSong page flip.  I don't want to lose two Stomps or two Snaps.    I will either have to switch all my presets to Stomp only or just keep using my Firefly Bluetooth pedal.  Rats.

Over on Ideascale there are several requests to be able to configure snaps/stomps anyway we want - like if you wanted 5 stomps and 3 snaps to be able to do this!

Do a search and vote for ALL of them!

One thing you can do is set the stomp that always works to the one you use all the time (next page or page down).  If you configure the Helix correctly, the MODE button will change between Stomp/Snap mode and Stomp mode.  When you need to use the back button, you press mode - "back" - mode.  Put the "back" button to FS5 so that it is next to the mode button.  Not ideal, but might work for you.