Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

May Have A Problem With My New Jtv 69

Good Morning,

Just unboxed my new JTV 69 from American Musical Supply.  The selector knob (I guess that's what you call it - between volume and tone knobs) does not easily come on.  Should it require just a light touch?  On this guitar I have to move it about a bit in order for it to come on or off.  Defect?

Thanks for your help - it's a beautiful guitar and I am disappointed it doesn't appear to be working straight out of the box.

Scott

It shouldn't be too hard to push in, but it takes more than just a light touch. I don't really know what to compare it to. It should click, but it's a bit softer feeling than a typical DPST switch that you'd find on an effects pedal.

You are likely suffering from a common defect.  Pull the knob off gently and try pushing the metal shaft with your thumb.  If that toggles the mode reliably then drop a small disc of thin cardboard (like from a cereal box) in the knob and push it back on.  The problem is that the knob itself hits the bottom of the cavity before it's had a chance to push the shaft far enough to engage the mode switch.

You are likely suffering from a common defect.  Pull the knob off gently and try pushing the metal shaft with your thumb.  If that toggles the mode reliably then drop a small disc of thin cardboard (like from a cereal box) in the knob and push it back on.  The problem is that the knob itself hits the bottom of the cavity before it's had a chance to push the shaft far enough to engage the mode switch.

EXACTLY!!