Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

cab mic's and position

the_bees_knees22

I'm only guessing... but I suspect that it would depend on exactly what mic positions are acquired during the modeling process. I could be wrong,  but I would assume that if they're not capturing off-axis mic positions, then the answer is probably "no", unless there's some way to interpolate...essentially "create" those off- axis positions from what they already have, with fancy math.

Right, I think it would require going back and remodelling those positions.  I suppose the other question would be how hard would that be to do?  They already have the data for pretty much everything else.  They'd have to redo some of the position parameters too. 

I suppose it comes down to cost vs reward, and if it's worth it since we have IR's.

7 minutes ago, the_bees_knees22 said:

I suppose it comes down to cost vs reward, and if it's worth it since we have IR's.

I suspect that's your answer right there. Probably not worth it given the ability to load IRs. They've just invested in the Helix Marketplace which gives users access to plenty of IRs.

It would be an absolutely awesome feature if possible. Without knowing exactly how they do the current feature or how the guts of the thing is setup,. it's hard to know how likely it is.

Still, as rd2rk suggested, I voted for it on Ideascale so that they know it would be really cool to many of us. 

17 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

Well it might make us happy, but there's certainly nothing in it for them at this point...

People who love IRs will always prefer them, no matter what L6 does.

More flexibility in mic placement might cause more people to say "I don't need no stinking IRs!" which might not increase sales enough to justify the development costs, but it's one more point in L6's favor (one less complaint point for the nay-sayers), and we all know that L6 lives to make us happy.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

It's not like this wasn't one of the first, if not the VERY first things people started asking about from the moment the Helix was introduced.  I certainly wouldn't hold my breath on it.

So damn glad I read this.  I was at a minute and thirty seconds and I think I was about done for.