Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

idea needed to chain setting

redbelo

I am trying to set up a chain starting with 

volume pedal - assigned to EXP1 

and a wah pedal assigned on EXO2 

I want the volume pedal EXP1 to be   ON  all the time, when I TOE IN  to switch to EXP2, I want the volume to remain on, and the wah to come ON as well the WAH functionality when on the EXP2.

Right now when i toe IN the EXP1 goes to EXP 2 , but it turns the volume OFF.

may be an overkill come to a forum for this, but I am just bouncing some ideas 

So you want the wah AND the volume pedal on? So you lower the volume and the wah simultaneously? You could probably use snapshots to turn the wah on/off and have them both assigned to EXP1. Not sure you can do that with the toe switch on the pedal though, as I think pressing the toe switch automatically switches with EXP pedal you're on. Assigning a Snapshot to the EXP switch...that maybe should be a thing!

59 minutes ago, gunpointmetal said:

So you want the wah AND the volume pedal on? So you lower the volume and the wah simultaneously? You could probably use snapshots to turn the wah on/off and have them both assigned to EXP1. Not sure you can do that with the toe switch on the pedal though, as I think pressing the toe switch automatically switches with EXP pedal you're on. Assigning a Snapshot to the EXP switch...that maybe should be a thing!

I know with the Stomp, if you attach the Mission Expression pedal with a toe switch you can set it up so that the switch will or deactivate blocks. I was messing with that last night. 

It seems like with the Stomp you could tie your wammy and your wah into the same expression pedal (#1) and then have the two switch turn one on while the other remains on.

Wouldn't that be possible here?  Or does the Helix not allow you to assign the toe switch to activate or deactivate blocks?

Maybe tonight I'll fiddle with it on the Stomp and see if it actually overrides the automatic on/off function, but I swear I've already done it before . . .

8 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

I know with the Stomp, if you attach the Mission Expression pedal with a toe switch you can set it up so that the switch will or deactivate blocks. I was messing with that last night. 

It seems like with the Stomp you could tie your wammy and your wah into the same expression pedal (#1) and then have the two switch turn one on while the other remains on.

Wouldn't that be possible here?  Or does the Helix not allow you to assign the toe switch to activate or deactivate blocks?

Maybe tonight I'll fiddle with it on the Stomp and see if it actually overrides the automatic on/off function, but I swear I've already done it before . . .

I guess I've never tried (I can't think of a real-world use for having my volume and wah on simultaneously), but I was under the impression that the toe switch always changed from EXP1 to EXP2 when you pressed it. I could be wrong.

Same problem here kind of I have an external ernie ball for volume and a Mission EP-1 for wah or whammy pitch etc.

Not a fan of onboard pedal to dam hard to push anyway I downloaded a Gilmour (The Blue) preset and all works well 

When I load a wah pedal on another preset for trying out my Mission does wah but when I heel back it turns off sound - just need to figure out what makes it tick I guess by diagnosing why the whammy pitch preset is working correctly

Any thoughts ? prob just a quick change in the preset section of wah's parameters maybe

No, I don't want both at the same time,, or volume or wah, but now it is switching between on and off for the wah and  for the volume instead work the volume  or wah is supposed to work, I don't know I am lost, 

Set up the patch so the WAH and volume are switched by the toe switch, making sure the volume is ON and the WAH is OFF when you make the assignments. Assign the VOL to EXP1 for the controller, and assign the WAH to EXP2. Now when you press the toe switch the VOL pedal will turn OFF (leaving your volume at full) and the WAH should turn on and be controlled by EXP2.