Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How To Get Stomp Box Effect Out Of Pod Hd 500

FlashGunz

First off I would like to say hello to everyone in the forum :)

I am on the fences when it comes to the Pod Hd 500 I purchased. first question is

1. How does everyone feel the effects are compared to the Pod M9

question number

2. I use a Laney 50 watt tube head with 4x10 Cab and really like the amps overdrive and want to bypass the HD`s simulation and only use the HD 500 as effects stomp box pedals. Is there a way to to do this with all 8 switches that will go on and off at will . I have searched and not found anything concrete to help me figure this out or its right in front of me and I don`t see it .

I want to use the 4 cable method for plugging in . I am not new to multi effect processors but this is the first time I have considered doing this and really want to achieve a great sound with this unit and not have to buy a wide array of stomp boxes as this was a present and I really like the effects Line 6 has to offer in one unit .

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated as I have read and read and the more I do the more confused I`m getting .Sorry for being a newbie but my stubbornness has not helped and I truly need direction .

I can't answer question 1 as I have never owned an M9 but apparently the HD500 has the same effects as the M units - so they should be the same.

As for question 2, you can configure the HD500 to be used as 8 separate effect units and whats more you can have this setting for each patch setting, so you can have 256 different 8 stomp box patches if you want.

The info is in the Advance Guide here:

Page 1, Setup:Utilities Options

The

• Footswitch Mode (Knob 1): Configures the function of POD HD500 footswitches FS5 through FS8 for either "Pedalboard Mode" or "Preset Mode" (see "Bank & Channel Footswitches" on page 4•6). This setting is global.

(Press and hold the VIEW button to see these options displayed)

• 2 weeks later...

1.Yes - effects should be the same as M9. 2. Yes - in the pod select "none" as the amp and select the global settings to use all 8 footswitches for the effects within your patch (rather than 4 footswitches for different patches and 4 for effects within the current patch).