Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk FX issues 2019

churdoynz71

I am a podxtlive user of some 8 years , and 2 weeks ago I ' Upgraded ' to the Firehawk FX . 

Today  struck my first MAJOR issue - the LCD brightness ( or lack of it ) in a outdoor setting .  Luckily I'm only using 3 or 4 patches for todays performance,  or I'd have been completely blinded . 

This is totally unacceptable , Line 6  . I am going to email your customer support to request a firmware update which allows a user to brighten the LCD display by 5 - 600 % .

Or I'm going to return the unit and demand a refund .

Latency , slow response with ios 9 and getting to grips with the save data modes ( which are cumbersome and slow ) I can live with . Not being able to see WTF I am doing in the middle of a performance I cannot . And no , I'm not relying on a phone or tablet whist onstage  . 

I'm really quite disappointed with this . I assumed that 8 years after my xtlive purchase I'd be getting a unit that was a marked improvement  ( no , I'm not spending the big bucks on a Helix , as I don't perform often enough to warrant the purchase ) . It srems I was mistaken ... 

Not being able to see an LCD or LED indicator in direct sunlight is simply a limitation of that sort of display. Making them brighter isn’t really going to help, s they’ll still get washed out. This happens with sort of similar screen. I have the  Strymon Big Sky and its display is totally unreadable in direct sun as well... That’s just a fact of life with these sorts of devices.

If you're still within your return period, return it because they're not gonna update the hardware for this one anymore unless there is a major bug somewhere. As Phil_M said, making it brighter won't make it visible in the sun because of how the display works. If you want the step up from the XTLive, that's still the HD500X, or the HX Stomp, and even those displays are not gonna be awesome in direct sunlight. The Firehawk is more of a step to the side of the XT stuff.

Also threatening a company on a forum with "FIX THIS NOW OR I'M RETURNING IT!" is hilariously petty and immature. 

1 hour ago, gunpointmetal said:

If you're still within your return period, return it because they're not gonna update the hardware for this one anymore unless there is a major bug somewhere. As Phil_M said, making it brighter won't make it visible in the sun because of how the display works. If you want the step up from the XTLive, that's still the HD500X, or the HX Stomp, and even those displays are not gonna be awesome in direct sunlight. The Firehawk is more of a step to the side of the XT stuff.

Also threatening a company on a forum with "FIX THIS NOW OR I'M RETURNING IT!" is hilariously petty and immature. 

I just wanted to chime in and verify that the display for the Stomp sucks in sunlight too.

We're only just barely coming out with displays (largely on expensive smart phones) that are OK in direct sunlight - nowhere close to stellar - and there is a reason those devices cost a pretty penny.

Not to give up hope though.  I could see it for Helix v. 2025.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I have the same problem with outdoor gigs.  I can't see a thing on my display.  I think the only solution is to have an i pad with you to see what channel you are on.  Someone suggested using some anti-glare stuff that is used on cell phones.  I haven't tried it yet, but maybe????   If anyone out there has a solution to this, we'd love to hear it!