Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression Pedal for HX Stomp

dawg2k5

5 hours ago, lungho said:

Mission Engineering makes an expression pedal specifically for Line 6 products.  But if $130 is a little too pricey, you can always mod an old Crybaby to do the same thing.  Check out this thread for the Crybaby mod.  

As said above, I use the Mission Engineering Pedal. I'm not at all interested in modding anything, and I love how sturdy and useful it is (because it can effectively be two pedals in one). 

I bought it on a deal, so I landed it for about $120. Still expensive though, I admit it. 

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Mission-Engineering/EP1-L6-BK-Expression-Guitar-Pedal-for-Line-6.gc

• 3 months later...

Morley M2 Passive Volume Pedal as Expression Pedal with HX Stomp

Thanks to several who posted previously about getting non Line 6 pedals working as Expression pedals.  It does work. There are several earlier descriptions about getting pedals like the Morley M2 working, but there is one additional piece of information that will be ESSENTIAL for some Morley owners:  Although the circuit board is labeled as 10K ohms, some of the Morleys were actually built with 1M ohm slide resistors.  (Inspect the pot itself, it will be labeled in some way, a value or part number, or slap an ohm meter on it.) They're not going to work no matter how you jumper them.  In my case I was able to find a 10k with the same physical dimensions (common - the good folks at Morley sent me one).  Replace the 1M ohm with the 10K Ohm unit and the pedal will work perfectly with a STEREO (TRS) cable.  I have several shorter mono (TS) cables, so I removed the connection to pot leg 3 and jumpered it to pot leg 1 and the pedal works great with a mono cable.  * you are connecting the pedal OUTPUT to the EXP input    

pedal.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Me paso exactamente lo mismo con un Boss RV 300. No se de que depende, o si esto se puede modificar desde la Stomp Obviamente no todos los pedales sirven para esto. Line 6 tendría que sacar una lista oficial de pedales que sirven a excepción de los propios Line 6

• 2 years later...
On 8/17/2022 at 5:09 AM, hangman96 said:

So if you get an expression pedal you can use as a wah and a whammy with the Helix stomp?

Yes. As I said over two years ago further up, I strongly reccomend the Mission Engineering one despite how expensive it is. It's built like a tank, and it gives you full Stomp funcitonality. 

Too many people try another brand and it won't even interface with the Stomp, or it doesn't keep linear progression, or settings fly all over the place . . . not worth the risk in my opinion.