Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and Studio One 3

• 6 months later...

Did you find a solution to this?

I have just installed PreSonus Studio One, and am seeing the same message from the DAW, "The audio device Helix could not be initialized. Please check your hardware configuration and try again".

I am able to connect to Audacity instantly, and send signal, so I have ruled out USB cable issues.

Studio One sees and connects to my FocusRite Scarlett.

On the Helix, I have the sample rate set to 44.1kHz, and preset output set to USB1/2. I am not sure what else to try, and I am pretty new to working with DAWs.

Setup: Win10 i7-5500U @ 2.4GHz, 16GB RAM. Updated OS, updated StudioOne. I believe I have the latest driver for the "Line 6 Helix" 1.93.0.0

I finally got this to work.

The solution was to reinstall the Helix driver. I did this even though I had the current version of the driver installed. Once I saw that it was the same version, I didn't even bother to uninstall the old one first - though Line 6 may have designed their installer to run an uninstaller first. 

"Line 6 Driver2 Helix v1.91 Installer.exe" was the file that I downloaded from Line 6. 

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

Studio One 3 Artist - perhaps all Artist versions - do not support VST Plugins. You have two options. Upgrade to Professional for $199. Or installed the Rewire VST plugin - $79.

Alternatively, If you buy a stomp or Helix hardware, the hardware can substitute for Audio Box - and it will feed into studio one. In fact Stomp works better w Studio One than Audio Box - you just plug it in and it works really well - unlike audio box which you hafta f with that ASIO driver constantly.

I was trying to work w Helix Native but ultimately decided there are too many hurdles to get to destination awesome sound. You gotta make Windows/DAW/sound cards/ drivers etc etc all play together - go to GC n pick up a stomp for $599 or catch it on sale. Plug Guitar in, speaker out. End of setup. Start messing w sounds. If ya don't like it, take it back to GC.