Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is it possible to use a Boss GT-10 as a Midi controller for the Pod HD Pro X?

MKokotovic

Hey All,

I've had a POD HD Pro X for a year or two now and I've gotten to the point where I'm in need of a foot controller to change between patches. This wasn't an issue before but recently I have begun to have a need for one. I have an old Boss GT-10 that I don't use anymore and was wondering if there is a way to use this as a Midi controller for the POD HD Pro X? I tried to take a midi cable from the "Midi Out" on the GT-10 to the "Midi In" on the back of the POD but I'm not exactly sure what else I need to do on either unit to get them to communicate? Has anybody done this before or have any experience with this? Thanks in advance!

The easiest way to start (in this case) is to read the Pod HD Pro X Manual's MIDI implementation.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a06434c12b265244d498852b5/application/pdf/POD HD Pro X Advanced Guide - English ( Rev A ).pdf

Page C•2

These are the CC #'s you need to target for the appropriate change.

On the Boss side of things, this looks a little more daunting......

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-10_MI.pdf

Page 2 - #2 Transmitted Data (Main Section) says:

"If you....program change ...is transmitted" (sorry that copies and pastes as '2D:@>1?@;->D>?18;-=-81?1=G&,&' !( &''! #/"@?H2:=G"9H;=:3=-8/4-931592:=8-?5:95>?=-9>85??10B419>B5?/4593;-?/4'

It's a rough manual. You've got to figure out how to get the Boss to send what the POD HD Pro X is asking for. It looks like Program Changes are transmitted once you turn MIDI on, so that's a start. Targeting individual foot switches is where you need to dig deeper. The Pod is already set up other than maybe a specific channel but it's listening to all channels by default (I think).