Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT volume pedal issue

jimmyg119

anyone having the same issue i'm having with the ex. pedal on helix LT?,

pedal goes from 0% to about 5-10% abruptly in the heal pos., i've tried this on 2 diff. units.

the abruptness makes it almost unusable for swells, i've tried editing, changing the logarithm, and loosening it...nope!

so i'm using the 'ol vp jr. for now...

does anyone know of a fix?,

the big helix has a better pedal, with a smoother response to swells.

thanks

Either linear or logarithmic I've never liked the curve of the LT volume pedal.  One of my biggest complaints actually - heavy swell steel guitar trickery here.  

Another LT complaint is how dark the damn thing is when changing presets.  Under stage blackout I can't tell what damn button I'm pressing.  Very frustrating considering all the lighted capable buttons on the silly thing.  So I'm forced to use a Little Lite to see what's what changing presets.  

Sounds like maybe my issues I had with the LT expression pedal.  Search my threads and see if it compares.

In regards to the lighting on the LT in dark stages....do you have your buttons set to 'dim/bright'? as opposed to 'off/on' (forget the exact name in global settings)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 8:39 AM, themetallikid said:

Sounds like maybe my issues I had with the LT expression pedal.  Search my threads and see if it compares.

In regards to the lighting on the LT in dark stages....do you have your buttons set to 'dim/bright'? as opposed to 'off/on' (forget the exact name in global settings)

Better late than never.  Sorry just now seeing your kind and helpful reply.  

I will take a look under global for those things you mentioned.  Thanks again!  

@themetallikid 

So I looked into global and that button LED setting isn't related to what I'm talking about.  

In STOMPBOX mode press either up/down buttons Helix LT goes into preset mode in order to change presets.  Under that condition all buttons are dark and there's hardly any light spilling from the display.  Making it very difficult if not impossible to select the correct preset from whatever bank you need to select from.

One of those things I suppose but for $1000 you'd think there would be some way of dimly illuminating preset buttons?  Theater work has many blackouts during a show which almost always brings preset changes with it.  

Oh well, thanks again for your help as I didn't realize/remember that setting exists but it's not what I'm looking for to alleviate the preset selection problem.  

could you assign something trivial and not directly 'needed' to the switches, and assign the same color to the ones not needed?  Name them with a 'space' so the ID or screen shows a blank name to help lower confusion.  That way when you look down, you see all blue lights with no tag names (for example) except the ones you need which are colored something different and labeled right?  You would only have to assign the button to something for it to register probably.  Even something as simple as changing the input resistance (forget the actual name) from 'Auto' to 1m.  Just something that if you hit it, it should affect your tone or sound much at all.  Even something that allows you to assign it to a 0.1 change in a setting that is maybe deeper in the editing of a pedal/amp/cab (like the high cut) would be almost negligible in a full band setting.  

All depends what you can assign it to in the preset itself.  If it was me, I'd assign it them to the high cut on the EQ block that is first in my chain. I usually dont lower the High Cut (use it mostly for low cut before the amp) so if I assigned the button from 'off' to 20khz, it wouldnt affect my sound in anyway, but still allow me to assign a stomp name/color.  

I havent done this with stomps, I dont use them much....but I do something similar with snapshots