Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G30 with multiple instruments?

twindad

I have a G30 with a single transmitter.  Love it.  Works great.  Battery door is a bit dodgy but is holding up well.

I frequently play more than one instrument on stage.  Only one at a time, of course.  I'm considering buying a second G30 RX+TX system, but I have a question first:

If I buy a second transmitter (TBP06) for the second instrument... set one transmitter on Ch.1 and the other on Ch.2 can I effectively use the receiver as an A/B box by setting the receiver's channel to the instrument I want to play when I switch?  The receiver is mounted on my pedal board so it's easily reachable when I would switch.

(I'm the only wireless user in the band, so at least for now there's no concern about using up available channels unless I need 7 guitars)

Ah. Nevermind. Found the answer in the Knowledgebase after an extended bit of searching.  FTR apparently the answer is YES, provided that no two transmitters are set to the same channel and powered on at the same time.  The KB answer said you can either set each TX to a different channel and use the channel switch on the RX to select, or set all TX to the same channel and only power one on at a time.