Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tech21 Power Engine Deuce Deluxe

purptiger

For my birthday I splurged and bought a pair of the Deuce Deluxes. These were affordable to me. Both look really cool (like little amp cabs). They are FRFR and have a tweeter that can be switched on or off. Included is a of and hf cut. I will need to tweak my presets, but really like what I am hearing.

• 2 months later...

Yes yes please tell us more about your experience with Deuce Deluxe, especially since a few months have gone by. I've been running Helix with the Deuce's predecessor, the Tech21 Power Engine 60 ("PE60") for almost 3 years now and it's a great setup - I like the PE60 so much I bought 2 of them - one for the studio and one for the road - and have held off on upgrading it to PowerCab because a) it's so good and b) Powercab is pricey. I've always thought FRFR's ought to cost less than comparably-powered guitar amps (especially tube amps); after all, you're getting less (there's no pre-amp). The Deuce Deluxe improves upon the PE60 with more power, a closed and vented cabinet, most controls and power light on the top (which is way better), 2 1/4" narrower (although it's apparently a whopping 7" deeper),  lighter, switchable tweeter (PE60 has no tweeter, not that I've ever felt the need for that). Just as you said you like what you hear -  I like what I see. What do you think 2 months later? Also, why did you buy two, rather than one plus the extension cabinet? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

yes, very interested as well about your feedback regarding the Tech 21 Deuce.

I owned a Tech 21 PE60 about 5 years ago and there was a constant kind of buzz coming from the power supply - I sold it about 2 years ago

Curious to see if the Deuce has the sam issue or not

Thanks