Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Noisy Helix - What to do?

rbedsaul1

So, I upgraded from a Boss GT-10 to a Helix.  With the Helix I'm getting new noise from the same guitars and the same amps running in 4 cable mode, or in running direct to the Line 6 Powercab.

I'm talking about noises when I turn knobs or change parameters (like a noisy pot kind of sound) all the way to noise/hum while playing (which I might typically gate).  I'm using same cables, same guitars, same amps, plugged into the same outlets - Helix is the only variable that has changed.

Is this just a basic noise gate issue or something else?  How can I resolve?

Thanks, Ron

Okay... I feel a little bit better.  I'm fortunate enough to have 3 tube amps. 

• The Marshall DSL 40C is dead quiet... so that's great.
  • The Fender Bassbreaker 15 (which I've never used the loop before) apparently suffers from this problem and is covered by warranty.  Hopefully it is because it's HORRIBLE.
  • The Splawn Supersport is not so noisey (maybe I f'd up on the original hookups and settings), and it's 4+ years old so maybe a new preamp tube for the FX loop is in order.

Any additional thoughts are welcome.

Thanks,

Ron