Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD 500 Control Hot Rod Deluxe Channel

detchi

Driving two Hot Rod deluxe (or any other two amp) channels works

from HD500 L/MONO & R/MONO outputs set to AMP (rather than LINE).

If the HD500 pedal is not otherwise occupied, it can be configured

so that one channel is mute at one pedal limit while the other channel mute at the other pedal limit.

Otherwise, make a dual amp patch with one amp panned hard left and the other right,

set one on and the other off, and select an FS switch for on/off of both

I'm pretty sure the OP is asking about controlling the amps "channel switching", not plugging into two separate inputs. 

IIRC... the HD500 does not have a CV output which is required for channel switching on most amps.

It can send a midi signal, but the Hot Rod Deluxe doesn't have midi. 

@codamedia yes, your're correct. I'm talking about amp channel switching not multiple amps. Is there an accessory device that would accept a midi signal from the Pod HD 500 but then control the 1/4" cable that was normally used by the foot switch?

11 minutes ago, detchi said:

Is there an accessory device that would accept a midi signal from the Pod HD 500 but then control the 1/4" cable that was normally used by the foot switch?

Nothing comes to mind, but I'm sure there is something out there. 

Thanks, @hurghanico !!!   That video gets me 99% of the way there.  I can see how that would control the clean / dirty channel switching. But because the HRD has a single 1/4" jack for the footswitch, how would I also control the less drive / more drive switch??