Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshots Changes

Oggyswain

I have my Helix set up to show the songs on the top row and the snapshots for each song below. So I can have a song chosen and below I can have one snapshot as the intro, One as the verse, One as the chorus. etc.

My problem is that when I change the 2nd snapshot it changes the tone universally. So each snapshot changes to the new sounds. 

What I am trying to do is make every snapshot a different part.

Is there something that I have set incorrectly?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Oggyswain said:

My problem is that when I change the 2nd snapshot it changes the tone universally. So each snapshot changes to the new sounds. 

What I am trying to do is make every snapshot a different part.

I don't understand. Snapshots are designed to, as you say, allow for different parts. That means each snapshot should sound different so I would expect the behaviour you describe - changing snapshots changes the sound. That's what they're designed for; if you don't want the sound to change don't use snapshots.

It seems you may not fully understand the concept of snapshots and how to use them. I suggest you re-read that section of the manual.

EDIT: Also, check the details of your snapshot definitions and make sure the amp/FX blocks are turning on/off as desired, and that any parameters are changing as desired.

I think it may be the way you're describing it that's throwing our understanding off.  When you change something such as a setting like amp volume or gain, you have to make sure to designate that parameter will be controlled within the snapshot.  To do that you need to press the knob in and turn it so that the value is surrounded by brackets.  Once you've made the changes save it to the snapshot you're working on.  Go to the next snapshot and change the parameters (the ones with the brackets) and save that to the next snapshot.  Now when you go from snapshot to snapshot those parameters will change appropriately.

You may want to review the following video so you can get a full understanding of how this works:

Jason Sadites explains how to use snapshots

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DunedinDragon said:

I think it may be the way you're describing it that's throwing our understanding off.  When you change something such as a setting like amp volume or gain, you have to make sure to designate that parameter will be controlled within the snapshot.  To do that you need to press the knob in and turn it so that the value is surrounded by brackets.  Once you've made the changes save it to the snapshot you're working on.  Go to the next snapshot and change the parameters (the ones with the brackets) and save that to the next snapshot.  Now when you go from snapshot to snapshot those parameters will change appropriately.

You may want to review the following video so you can get a full understanding of how this works:

Jason Sadites explains how to use snapshots

Excellent!!

Thanks

1 hour ago, DunedinDragon said:

I think it may be the way you're describing it that's throwing our understanding off.  .....

Yes - I see now what he was getting at. Just a mechanical thing, not conceptual. Thanks for clarifying.