Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10T not charging

riclauzon

I received my G10 system at Christmas (Dec 25/2018) , and for some strange reason, it just stopped charging... I use it twice a week for about avg of 2 hours.

After reading many messages on here, I can't seem to find my answer.  so here is what's happening with my G10 system . : 

- Plug in the G10T in Base... Looks, good, the G10 Transmitter flashers RED and the Receiver glows white

- After 1/2 hour, the G10T Transmitter stops flashing (emitting no lights) a,d the Receiver starts flashing Red

I tried let it charge overnight, but the G10T transmitter never gets to Green.

I also tried updating the G10 system using the Line6 Updater 1.16 and the updater wont allow me to use it... All I get is a black screen with "Select Device to Update".  I've tried the updater on 2 different computers using Windows 10 (Home & Enterprise).  Windows is not recognizing the G10 when plugged in to the computers... 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 11:40 PM, thomo94 said:

replace the G10t like i had to. DO NOT update it. the update is what ruined my old g10t.

This is a 'fool me once' scenario. The life of my G10 battery is pretty degraded, but still works. (kinda, sorta...) Updating the firmware would be like entering it into hospice care.

When it dies, it will be replaced, but by something other than Line 6.

• 3 months later...
The trouble cost me sick is my line6 g10s is not charging. I contacted line6 life support or support tech. This was the reply and I followed every instructions.

Hello leops112. Your Line 6 Support Ticket was updated with the following message:

Hi sorry you're running into this trouble. Could be a couple things - first, you need to verify that the transmitter was actually updated. Please run Line 6 Updater again, there should be two line items, one for the receiver, and one for G10t. The base should be v1.01, the transmitter 1.06.

If the transmitter is not showing -  1) try using another USB cable or port on your computer, 2) insert and remove the transmitter in base several times, only leaving it docked for a second or two each time. If the LED is flashing red, let it remain docked to charge for 5-10 minutes before re-running Line 6 Updater.

I hope this helps, please let me know your results.

Line6Josh
Now my Line6 g10s is dead after updates done. Only antenna side is blinking red while usually green blinks when charging but now no more  green lights. 
I hope, someone in line 6 support help me bury my seldom use toy. Seriously, my line6 g10s is dead. my Xvive wireless is still great and working well. I regret I bought Line6 g10s.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I had a similar issue. Plugged G10T in guitar-in but after five minutes it stopped charging. But I found the problem after few minutes. DC POD Go adapter was only half way in. Somehow POD worked but probably it didn't have anough power to charge the transmitter. After plugging it correctly, transmitter charged without any problems. Stupid mistake but I had no idea that adapter can be plugged only "half-way" :-)) Hope it will help some of you.