Jump to content
surfsup1955

Changing input Ohm settings using Snapshots (Guitar In-Z)?

Recommended Posts

Helix clearly has the ability to assign Guitar In-Z as a parameter within Snapshots but it won't actually support assigning various Ohm values to different Snapshots. It only allows for the same Ohm value across all 8 Snapshots - or at least on the unit I own.

 

Was just curious if this is even do-able?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2019 at 2:50 PM, surfsup1955 said:

Helix clearly has the ability to assign Guitar In-Z as a parameter within Snapshots but it won't actually support assigning various Ohm values to different Snapshots. It only allows for the same Ohm value across all 8 Snapshots - or at least on the unit I own.

 

Was just curious if this is even do-able?

 

Yes, you can do that. You just have to assign the Input Z parameter to a snapshot controller, just like you would any other parameter you want to change with snapshots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, phil_m said:

 

Yes, you can do that. You just have to assign the Input Z parameter to a snapshot controller, just like you would any other parameter you want to change with snapshots.

 

Appreciate it Phil.

 

I've been using snapshots since they were introduced and once I got wrapped around the concept, I basically haven't had any issues assigning parameters and their values - and yes, doing it just as you described above! I love snapshots and depend on 'em in a big way!

 

Your reply caused me to dive in a bit more. It appears I actually can assign them via the knobs on my floor unit (something I never do) but not via my Helix Editor. I'm running version 2.71 on the  editor and 2.71 on the machine, which I believe are up to date.

 

If it wouldn't be too much to ask, would you verify if you're able to tweak a few snapshots with various Ohm assignments via your editor and verify if they feed to your machine?

 

Thx!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, surfsup1955 said:

 

Appreciate it Phil.

 

I've been using snapshots since they were introduced and once I got wrapped around the concept, I basically haven't had any issues assigning parameters and their values - and yes, doing it just as you described above! I love snapshots and depend on 'em in a big way!

 

Your reply caused me to dive in a bit more. It appears I actually can assign them via the knobs on my floor unit (something I never do) but not via my Helix Editor. I'm running version 2.71 on the  editor and 2.71 on the machine, which I believe are up to date.

 

If it wouldn't be too much to ask, would you verify if you're able to tweak a few snapshots with various Ohm assignments via your editor and verify if they feed to your machine?

 

Thx!

 

 

 

Now that I think about this, I do remember this being a bug with HX Edit. It will on the unit itself, though, as you said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, ok. No need to submit a bug report then. Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×