surfsup1955

Changing input Ohm settings using Snapshots (Guitar In-Z)?

Helix clearly has the ability to assign Guitar In-Z as a parameter within Snapshots but it won't actually support assigning various Ohm values to different Snapshots. It only allows for the same Ohm value across all 8 Snapshots - or at least on the unit I own.

Was just curious if this is even do-able?

On 3/12/2019 at 2:50 PM, surfsup1955 said:

Helix clearly has the ability to assign Guitar In-Z as a parameter within Snapshots but it won't actually support assigning various Ohm values to different Snapshots. It only allows for the same Ohm value across all 8 Snapshots - or at least on the unit I own.

Was just curious if this is even do-able?

Yes, you can do that. You just have to assign the Input Z parameter to a snapshot controller, just like you would any other parameter you want to change with snapshots.

28 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Yes, you can do that. You just have to assign the Input Z parameter to a snapshot controller, just like you would any other parameter you want to change with snapshots.

Appreciate it Phil.

I've been using snapshots since they were introduced and once I got wrapped around the concept, I basically haven't had any issues assigning parameters and their values - and yes, doing it just as you described above! I love snapshots and depend on 'em in a big way!

Your reply caused me to dive in a bit more. It appears I actually can assign them via the knobs on my floor unit (something I never do) but not via my Helix Editor. I'm running version 2.71 on the  editor and 2.71 on the machine, which I believe are up to date.

If it wouldn't be too much to ask, would you verify if you're able to tweak a few snapshots with various Ohm assignments via your editor and verify if they feed to your machine?

Thx!

1 hour ago, surfsup1955 said:

Appreciate it Phil.

I've been using snapshots since they were introduced and once I got wrapped around the concept, I basically haven't had any issues assigning parameters and their values - and yes, doing it just as you described above! I love snapshots and depend on 'em in a big way!

Your reply caused me to dive in a bit more. It appears I actually can assign them via the knobs on my floor unit (something I never do) but not via my Helix Editor. I'm running version 2.71 on the  editor and 2.71 on the machine, which I believe are up to date.

If it wouldn't be too much to ask, would you verify if you're able to tweak a few snapshots with various Ohm assignments via your editor and verify if they feed to your machine?

Thx!

Now that I think about this, I do remember this being a bug with HX Edit. It will on the unit itself, though, as you said.

Ah, ok. No need to submit a bug report then. Thanks again.