Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bass and headphone sound problems, help me!

DoxBass

Hello, 

I have a couple of problems with a brand new hx stomp. 2.71 firmware with an active/passive bass. I have two problems :

1. Headphone output is generally too low, even with the volume at max. I'm using 32ohm phone, there is optimization for another impedance? 

2. The bass sound is distorted even if I have an empty chain or analog bypass!! There is a lot of distortion in mid and low frequencies content even with passive or active basses (connected to the main L input). 

Can you help me? 

Best regards, 

Bye

I don't think your headphone involved.. i'm using à 250ohm on my Helix Floor and I have no problem...

It seems that  the stomp doesn't have any Aux IN

Did you try to reduce your input value on the global settings page? -> choose "line" (instead of "inst") with powerfull active basses

Hello enjalt.

Eh, 250ohm is high a lot (respect my 32), maybe the headphones out need headphones at higher impedance.

I've tried Ins+Outs setting to both inst/line: with 'line' option there is more volume but the distortion is the same as 'inst'. Seems there is clip steadily...there is a way to verify that?

Many thanks, bye

I Don’t think so for the  headphone output, cause i use some IEM sometimes (20ohm) And It Works too 

(i have to push higher the knob with the 250ohm headphone...normal)

Did you try on the  global settings to put on « guitar in pad » (for the distorsion problem)?

I play Bass too on my Helix... a question that may seem stupid but if it's an active bass, have you check the batteries. It can explain the distorsion and low volume

• Like 1