Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro/5150 Head

iAcrasia

Just bought a pod hd pro and am trying to connect it to my 5150 head. Anyone know the best way to go about this by just using the power from the head and not the pre amp? Also what is the most convenient way to setup a footswitch with the pod hd pro (not the 500). Im not completely anal with tone or studio at the moment. So if getting the 500 is not too much a backstep would that be most convenient for live purposes?

Connect the PODHD using Studio Direct as your output setting into the FX Return of your amp.  However, your may want to consider using the 4 Cable Method on the 5150 amp you have.  That's a nice amp and is worth trying.

I have a PODHD Desktop and bought a used FBV pedal on eBay and saved a few dollars.  It connects via Ethernet.  With the HDPro you can also use a midi pedal.  I wish I had bought the Pro and used my existing midi pedal - just because I already had one, not that it's better.  For me the HD500 wasn't an option.  I don't like having my electronics on the floor and it was too many cables running all over the place.