Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Effect setting lost

siberian007

Hello everyone, I've had my Helix for a while but only dabbled with it slightly now I'm actually getting more into it and I've noticed an oddity ...when I go ahead and try to just roll the dial to select different delay types within a patch and whenever I return to my original delay type the settings are all different than they used to be and I have to select a different  patch and then go back to my original patch to get the delay settings back, what gives? 

If you select different effect models for a block the settings that come up for the effect you select will be whatever the defaults are for that effect. This is true even if you go back to the effect that was originally there. So what you're describing is the expected behavior.

Compare would be a nice feature.... 

If you have a spare block, what I do is just turn off the original effect and experiment with the new one. It's easy to compare back and forth, without losing your original settings. When you are ready to commit... just remove the block you don't want any longer. 

31 minutes ago, codamedia said:

Compare would be a nice feature.... 

If you have a spare block, what I do is just turn off the original effect and experiment with the new one. It's easy to compare back and forth, without losing your original settings. When you are ready to commit... just remove the block you don't want any longer. 

That's normally what I do, too.