Lumpy96

Spider IV 150 2x12 only has volume if I touch master volume knob

So I just recently bought this and tonight for some reason I have no volume whatsoever UNLESS I physically touch the master volume knob...I have no idea what's happening please help!

14 hours ago, Lumpy96 said:

So I just recently bought this and tonight for some reason I have no volume whatsoever UNLESS I physically touch the master volume knob...I have no idea what's happening please help!

I'm just guessing, but I see two possibilities: 

1) It's a "feature" that prevents you from blasting yourself into next week if the master volume inadvertantly gets cranked while the amp is turned off.

or

2) You've got a busted unit. 

See if manual says anything regarding master volume function, and act accordingly... if not, then open a support ticket or take it back and get a new one. 

Sorry to hear your problem.  If "crusinon2 is  correct with option 1,  I found no such feature for my device..  I purchased a PODHD500X and after 3 months of fighting with the house techs. I tried to duplicate the problem as you described with added issues.  On mine,  sometimes there was no volume depending on how i entered the bank and channel.  If I touched the Volume knob, the Volume  would drop or sometimes  return to 100%,   If I changed any setting and returned to the channel   i could restore the tone at full volume. With detail instructions to duplicate the problem, I sent it back to line 6.   The problem was resolved after repair techs had to send it through  two departments for troubleshooting.  They did not respond with corrective actions. I suggest you call  the manufacturer, detail the problem and steps to duplicate the problem.  Ask them for their position and then send it  if it is under warranty.  

I understand the frustration for the time without your equipment.  It goes with the modern technical times.       

l hope you can get it taken care of.