Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Do Glenn DeLaune Helix patches ever go on sale?

aaron__aardvark

I got an email from Line 6 regarding 30% off for software.  I was ready to buy a Glenn DeLaune Helix patch set, but then discovered the coupon code didn't work for Marketplace items.  Do Glenn's patches ever go on sale, and if so, typically what time of the year? 

2 hours ago, aaron__aardvark said:

I got an email from Line 6 regarding 30% off for software.  I was ready to buy a Glenn DeLaune Helix patch set, but then discovered the coupon code didn't work for Marketplace items.  Do Glenn's patches ever go on sale, and if so, typically what time of the year? 

I personally don't recall ever seeing the Marketplace items go on sale, BUT I do have to stress the marketplace has only been around for a few months.

I assume that a sale might be up to the seller (i.e. if Glenn decides he wants to have a sale then it will happen).

Maybe not though. Maybe they waive all those rights and give them to Line 6 when they decide to put stuff on the marketplace. 

7 hours ago, aaron__aardvark said:

Hi,

It clearly states in the email that the 30% off promo is only for the Line 6 expansion packs for POD HD and XT, POD Farm etc.

If you want some of Glenn’s excellent presets, then pay the price he is asking. It’s not that much for the work he has put into them and some also have custom IRs. 

Disclaimer: Helix presets are available from other sources and definitely do not guarantee that you will sound like the artist referred to in the name of the preset. Ya pay your money and ya take a chance!

• Like 1

Kilrahi and datacommando,

Thank you for replying.  From what I could tell the Glenn DeLaune's prices (at least with the particular patch set that I was interested in buying) are the same whether through Line 6 Marketplace or Glenn's own website.  I can easily afford to pay full price, but like most people, I like getting a good deal if possible.  Some plug-in companies are very often having a sale on specific products.  I assume they get more business with some impulse buying.  Though no one wants to buy something, and next week it is half price off. 

6 hours ago, aaron__aardvark said:

Kilrahi and datacommando,

Though no one wants to buy something, and next week it is half price off. 

**THIS**   Guys, first I want to thank you all so very much for your support and words of encouragement throughout this journey. What Aaron_A said here is the exact reason why I have never ever offered any sales on any of my products since I opened my website for digital downloads starting in February of 2013. I would never want anyone to pay a certain price for one of my products and then the very next week it's 20% off, or whatever . . . That wouldn't sit well with me and it wouldn't sit well with any of my customers. I think it's the reason why so many of you have been continued supporters of my products and my music throughout the years, and for that I am very very thankful. So the price for any of my items is the same no matter if you get it from my Secure website or the New Line 6 Marketplace. 

Speaking of the Line 6 Marketplace I'd encourage you guys to go check out some of my friends products on there. I'm talking about my friends Jason S, Peter H, Ben V & Robbie C. They have some top notch products.

Thank you guys so much for your continued support.

Glenn DeLaune 
Website  |  Youtube Channel  |  Facebook  |  Line 6 Marketplace

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, soundog said:

I'll echo what others have said on these forums. Glenn's patches are a bargain, so go for it!

Agreed. I paid full price and really enjoyed it. Not to begrudge the concept of sales though either - but I fully respect someone making a business decision not to. 

I also bought some of Peter's stuff and wasn't disappointed there either. 

I highly recommend both of them.

On 3/17/2019 at 6:15 PM, GlennDeLaune said:

Speaking of the Line 6 Marketplace I'd encourage you guys to go check out some of my friends products on there. I'm talking about my friends Jason S, Peter H, Ben V & Robbie C. They have some top notch products.

Hey Glenn, thanks for the shout out! <hat tip>