smetal

Pod studio GX not working on Windows 10

Hi guys, when I plug in my GX, the light goes red and then it turns off. My Pc is not detecting my device and then I try to update to the latest drivers (4.2.7.6) which it seams to be ok, but when I check Line 6 monkey it says that the drivers are not updated... I haven't update Windows, so I don't know what is causing this problem. If anyone has a solution I would be very appreciated!

Same problem. Paid good money for this product. No support from Line6. Done using Line6 products

Hi mrgruby and anyone else,

On 4/6/2020 at 11:45 AM, mrgruby said:

Same problem. Paid good money for this product. No support from Line6. Done using Line6 products

I just recently took out my old POD Studio GX and downloaded drivers 4.2.7.7 and it seems to have installed okay and working fine. I'm using it on Guitar Rig 5. I think this is an older post, so the updated 4.2.7.7 is the version you want not, 4.2.7.6

Allo1010 - Did you upgrade your computer to Windows 10, or was it a fresh install?  My old GX Studio worked fine with the "incremental" upgrades to Mac OSX from 2017 until "Big Sur", but a fresh install of Big Sur ended everything.  I'm actually surprised and hacked off that it won't even work with a fresh install of Catalina on my mid 2012 MB Pro. I have an old i3 "dual-boot" laptop with fresh installs of both Windows 10 and Ubuntu Studio, but to be honest, I'm not expecting it to work.  Very disappointing. Even more disappointing is that Line 6 don't appear to care very much, as they have not bothered to maintain pace with the latest OS's.  Why would anyone even consider buying Line 6 kit now,  given its short shelf life and lack of support?  I had considered buying the UX2, but have settled on another interface which I am assured WILL work on all the platforms I have.

Hi there,

Latest W10 20H2 updated locked me out from my computer and I had to reset the system.
I reinstalled my GX and drivers and PodFarm with the usual difficulties but seemed to work.

However, after few days the Line 6 disappeared from the Audio Devices and Driver diagnostic was faulty.

I got it back uninstalling the drivers and rerunning the installation. But I had to do it outside Monkey because it kept telling me the operation could not be completed and also outside the Lines Driver download page. I found the Line 6 Drivers v4.2.7.7 Installer and used it.

Now seems to work. Don't know if it's reliable though.

Next problem...Cubase