Sign in to follow this  
spikey

PC+ Loud Pop when switched off?

Is there any way to stop the loud "POP" when powering off the PC+, other than turning the volume down before switching off power? Or is this normal?

• Like 1

I'm not trying to be rude, but I was feeling kinda devilish, so I was about to respond  "yeah, there's a hidden setting in the options menu called "No Pops When Turning Off" but it can only be accessed by a specific button press sequence."

But no, you wrote the solution in your question. :P Mine does the same, I have two.

Well I could see the PA pop if I turned anything off feeding the mixers output to the amp/PA, but these are not being fed down stream from another source. So where is the pop coming from then? Sure the work around is turn the volume down to lessen the loudness of the pop when pwr off, but you shouldn't have to do that I'm thinking. Why? Cause It pops loud without anything connected and the volume up. There's a bleeder cap not bleeding off right I'm thinking.

Which style of input jack are you using on the powercab? For me the pop only happens on the analogue jacks.

Using the AES-EBU (L6-Link) inputs from Helix (Daisy chained from PC+ to PC+) on both. 

Well to be accurate it's a much smaller pop but still a pop for me.