Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

"HX Stomp doesn't have a driver"

darthluco

Hello, bought a brand new HX Stomp. It won't connect to my pc (Windows 7 x64).

Problems found:

- USB Audio Device has a driver problem.

- HX Stomp doesn't have a driver.

Are the driver available for download somewhere?

None of the software provided, in the Downloads section of Line6's webpage, are able to "see" my HX Stomp.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.18 - 01.00.18.25.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.18 - 09.57.16.56.png

Was able to resolve this issue by downloading the appropriate "HX Edit" installer. This pack contained the drivers needed.

Mods, please feel free to close this topic or leave it here for other Helix user whom may encounter this issue.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/18/2019 at 2:28 PM, darthluco said:

Was able to resolve this issue by downloading the appropriate "HX Edit" installer. This pack contained the drivers needed.

Mods, please feel free to close this topic or leave it here for other Helix user whom may encounter this issue.

Thanks for the advice to install HX Edit. The installer apparently also installs the USB driver required by hx stomp.

My original issue was, that when plugging-in the hx stomp to my laptop USB (it uses USB 2.0), the Windows device manager displayed a yellow triangle and an error message indicating that the USB device (ie hx stomp) is not operable. Therefore I couldn't use it in Ableton.

Finally, HX Edit is anyway a much better tool for editing presets than the interface on the hx stomp.