Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects HX Edit and Snapshots

sonicfog

When I create Snapshot controlled settings for my HX Effects using HX Edit, the settings don't stick, they revert to whatever snapshot I just created. I have a lot of experience with HX Edit, and the snapshots work great on my HELIX but NOT on my HX Effects.

Simple example: Using HX Edit on my HX Effects I created a simple patch with only a LA Studio Comp on the signal chain. I selected the LEVEL to controlled by snapshots and 0.0 dB shows up in a white font to confirm that it will be controlled. I set SnapShot 1 Level to 1.0, SnapShot 2 level to 2.0, SnapShot 3 to 3.0 and SS 4 to 4.0. (I've tried saving/not saving the preset after each setting).

Now when I go back to SnapShot 1 the Level is 0.0, but it should be 1.0.

So as of right now I have to create and modify all my snapshots on the floor with HX Effects.  HX Edit is dead to me.

Not sure this should matter, but there is a setting in the Global Menu that determines snapshot behavior. On the unit, my snapshots only save if I save them specifically after each change. This is set up by setting snapshot edits to discard under preferences. They are ONLY saved if I specifically save them. Not sure how this behavior is reflected in HX edit, however, but might be something to look at.

4 hours ago, sonicfog said:

When I create Snapshot controlled settings for my HX Effects using HX Edit, the settings don't stick, they revert to whatever snapshot I just created. I have a lot of experience with HX Edit, and the snapshots work great on my HELIX but NOT on my HX Effects.

Simple example: Using HX Edit on my HX Effects I created a simple patch with only a LA Studio Comp on the signal chain. I selected the LEVEL to controlled by snapshots and 0.0 dB shows up in a white font to confirm that it will be controlled. I set SnapShot 1 Level to 1.0, SnapShot 2 level to 2.0, SnapShot 3 to 3.0 and SS 4 to 4.0. (I've tried saving/not saving the preset after each setting).

Now when I go back to SnapShot 1 the Level is 0.0, but it should be 1.0.

So as of right now I have to create and modify all my snapshots on the floor with HX Effects.  HX Edit is dead to me.

I have noticed some weird issues like this using HX Edit with snapshot changes.  Copied a bunch of amp blocks from other presets to consolidate them into eight different snapshots.  Each time I saved the preset, all of the amp block settings would overwrite the same block on the other snapshots.  In other words, the copy-n-paste into each snapshot were the same every time I saved the preset.  I don't use them very often, but I thought this was odd behavior.

Additionally I saved a bunch of presets with some new IRs that I had just purchased.  Next time I powered my Helix on all of the IR blocks on a bunch of new presets defaulted back to the first IR.  And I did save them all too.  In fact, I was playing with the new presets on the Helix and everything was fine before the next power cycle.  All of the IRs were still on the Helix too.  Perhaps v.280 will address some of this.

• 1 month later...

I am having this issue also.  If I edit something like the bypass state of a block in a snapshot and save it in HX Edit, it doesn't seem to "stick" when I go to a different snapshot and then come back to the one I changed and saved.  For this to work, it seems I have to save it on the unit itself.  There must be a bug in the HX Edit software with regard to the HX Effects.  

I have also noticed how the preset name at the top doesn't change to italics when you have edited something in the preset.  It does that with the regular Helix Floor and then when you save the preset, it changes back to regular text.  The italics is a nice way to know that you have changed something in the preset and that it hasn't been saved yet.  Maybe this is unique to the Helix, not sure.

• 2 years later...