Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Somenthing Was Making Noise Inside My Pod Hd500 And...

devils_beat

i found this transistor, i cheked a few threads in the other forums and i found pics of the Pod naked(open) and i just realized the transistor goes right in the low middle, where it says C253, what's this transistor about its very important, because the POD works fine minus one think the USB conecction, is this transistor making that problem or im going to have more problems later?!? i have a rehersal this Wednesday and very important gig the sunday is this gonna transistor gonna be a pain in the @ss??

PS sorry for my english

post-1393403-0-97301800-1368499892_thumb.jpg

not to take away from your problem, the C actually means capacitor.  there should be 2 legs on it, one positive and one negative. the positive leg should be marked in some way. in this case it looks like the paint on top marks the positive leg. the board should also be marked with a (+) sign. if it was mine i would match up the signs and solder it in. is it still under warranty? 

let me better understand

- you heard a noise coming from your pod like something moving freely inside and at some point that transitor (if it is) came out of the pod

- after that, you saw a picture of the pod internal and discovered where it must be placed

- apparently your pod works fine except the usb connection

Yes to the 3 points.

are the legs attached to the board? well anyway, the 220 is the value of the component measured in farads (i think that's a guys name). like a resistor is measured in ohms. one ohm is not a very large value so the component is small. one farad is a large value so the component is big and 220 would be huge. so in order to avoid putting a bunch of zero's before the decimal point, symbols are used. uF is micro Farad and pF is pico Farad which are parts of a Farad. the value is 220, and since it's not marked, i would guess it's micro. but you have to find out before replacing it. the voltage rating can be higher but not less. 

• Upvote 1

are the legs attached to the board? well anyway, the 220 is the value of the component measured in farads (i think that's a guys name). like a resistor is measured in ohms. one ohm is not a very large value so the component is small. one farad is a large value so the component is big and 220 would be huge. so in order to avoid putting a bunch of zero's before the decimal point, symbols are used. uF is micro Farad and pF is pico Farad which are parts of a Farad. the value is 220, and since it's not marked, i would guess it's micro. but you have to find out before replacing it. the voltage rating can be higher but not less. 

thanks so much for this info man, this will help me a lot! Cheers!

this is an smd capacitor. 220µF 10V. The bottom plate is missing. For the size code you have to measure the diameter and compair it to a datasheet Panasonic smd cap. By the way... the black paint is the negative polarity marking (-). You should go to an electronic store with the sample and ask for a replacement... and since you thought this was a transistor you should get a technician to repair your device. You need some skills to solder an smd capacitor on the pcb by hand.

• Upvote 2

this is an smd capacitor. 220µF 10V. The bottom plate is missing. For the size code you have to measure the diameter and compair it to a datasheet Panasonic smd cap. By the way... the black paint is the negative polarity marking (-). You should go to an electronic store with the sample and ask for a replacement... and since you thought this was a transistor you should get a technician to repair your device. You need some skills to solder an smd capacitor on the pcb by hand.

thanks for the clarification and the correction  ^_^  :mellow:  :)

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/components/pdf/pic_vs_series.pdf