Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Speakers Or Headphones With Line6 Podhd500 And Compact Effect Pedals

Harald12

I have connected (in order) Digitech death metal distortion, BOSS CE-2 Chorus and BOSS DD-7 Digital Delay in a loop on PODHD500 and i have a wha (throaty) before the loop (on PODHD 500 itself) and a reverb (on PODHD 500 itself) after the loop. I listen to the preset when i play with my headphones and i think it sounds great, especially the delay that bouncing between the left and right channel in my headphones. I have no full or preamp emulation on on PODHD 500. But when i connect to a Marshall Class 5 (5 watts) combo it doesn´t sounds as great. Is it because i connect mono to the Marshall amp so that the delay not can bounch between the left and right channel or is it because the amp coloring (like all amps) the sound in a way so that it not sounds as good as in headphones? And what can i do about it , should i connect behringer Eurolive B208D PA speakers (that i have) to the PODHD 500 so that i get stereo and so that they not coloring my sound (like guitar amp does but not PA system and speakers)? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Tones will always sound different through different signal chains.

My personal preference is to play through a pair of monitors, partly for flat response, partly for stereo, partly because I use the HD as an interface and therefore I'm also monitoring other instruments.

Try the PA speakers and, ultimately, do whatever you think sounds best.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind betting you'll be able to pull some pretty good tones using the behringer speaker you have.

I use the B212D (which I think is the same as yours but a bit bigger) and am very happy with it as an accurate enough monitor behind me at gigs.

It doesn't sound as good as the pa, but it is more than useable as a monitor. Im happy with the tones I can get out of my pod and the 212.

You'll most likely have to change or tweak your patches to suit of course, but otherwise I reckon you could easily make it work.

• Upvote 1