Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My notebook doesn't recognize the POD !!

bobogillis

I just got a new notebook that operated by Window 10... and it doesn't recognize my pod HD500X even the latest driver is installed ( I installed it through line6 monkey following the installing process provided by Line6 support on Youtube).  After I installed the latest driver, the line6 monkey still doesn't find my POD.   

However, it still works fine with my old notebook that operated by WINDOW 7.

what I've done so far
1. Restart my notebook, uninstall the driver, and re-install it again
2. Plugging it on every USB port, there are 3 USB ports in my notebook comprise USB version 3, and USB version 2.  Still, nothing happen
3. Install manually without line6 monkey

what I've found that when I plug the POD, my notebook knows that it is plugged because it shows "POD HD500X" in "Other device" in "Control Panel".. however it said "Device error" under the "POD HD500X" and they are not working together.

The notebook that has problem is "ACER PREDATOR PH315-51-782Q" that i just bought 1 week ago.  I just wonder that is the notebook "too new" for the POD ?

Please help me solving this problem

Thanks!

--Bobogillis--

One thing to check...When you installed the driver, did you wait until the software asked you to plug in the POD...Not doing so can cause this problem.

USB Cable - Perhaps something is up with the cable you are using...Insure the connectors are clean.

New laptop - Have you checked to see if there is an update for the BIOS and/or updated chipset drivers? The IO for USB is controlled there and that could be a cause.

Good luck

7 hours ago, spaceatl said:

One thing to check...When you installed the driver, did you wait until the software asked you to plug in the POD...Not doing so can cause this problem.

USB Cable - Perhaps something is up with the cable you are using...Insure the connectors are clean.

New laptop - Have you checked to see if there is an update for the BIOS and/or updated chipset drivers? The IO for USB is controlled there and that could be a cause.

Good luck

1. yes, I wait until the software ask me to plug the pod

2. Usb cable - I think the cable is not a culprit here, because it works perfectly with my old notebook (and my brother computer)

3. New laptop - This is one thing that I'm not capable (about Windows 10 stuff) I will carry my notebook to technician in the shop that I bought it..

Additional point, I also plug my Focusrite Soundcard (scarlet 2i2) in this notebook, and it works very well with no problem...

so I think the Pod's driver may be conflict with something

Thank you for the suggestion !!

20190322_084804.jpg