Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd 500 Wind Machine Simulation?

Jydith

Hello,

I would like to know if its possible to generate a wind sound (wind machine) with the PoD hd 500. My band is covering I want you (shes so heavy) by the beatles, and I would like to beable to play the outro ( either rhythm or lead guitar part) While also generating a wind like quality. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

If it is not possible to get a good sounding guitar tone  plus the wind sound in one patch, I would be happy with just a wind machine type patch and I could loop the guitar part then switch to some wind sounds.

Im thinking some kind of combo between a phaser/flanger and some other module that generates a lot of "noise" (white noise generator? ) would work, but I am not sure. Please guitar tech masters, help me out! 

Well, I'd have to mess around with it, but I actually would start in the delays and try to get one that had a decent self-oscillation going. Perhaps that going into something like the Particle Verb. Adding a flanger or phaser might help. I think the self-oscillation is going to be the most important part, though.

Connect an am/fm radio tuned to a dead channel to the aux input and use a parallel signal chain. To turn it into wind you need a band pass filter with variable q. You could try the eq effects, and maybe a wah with variable mix. Assign the filter cutoff (eq freq) to the pedal. The wind movement is created by the frequency moving up and down, and the wind whistle by increasing and decreasing the q of the filter. Some movement to the overall volume (on the radio) will also help. Sorry I can't recommend a specific effect but I'm not near my pod.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...