Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Guitar into fx return

reverendchewy

Hello everyone, i am hoping you guys can help me out, i am building a custom strat that has piezo bridge saddles and a stereo jack that can carry separate acoustic and electric feeds. 

What i would like to do is setup my firehawk to help me dial in both tones. here is what i am thinking, the guitar is not finished yet so i can't test this theory but perhaps someone knows if this will work.. 

Acoustic pickup -- FH guitar input -- Boost EQ -- Chorus -- Delay -- FX send to pa system

Electric pickups -- FH  Return -- Amp model -- comp -- eq -- reverb -- L mono out to pa system

8 hours ago, reverendchewy said:

Hello everyone, i am hoping you guys can help me out, i am building a custom strat that has piezo bridge saddles and a stereo jack that can carry separate acoustic and electric feeds. 

What i would like to do is setup my firehawk to help me dial in both tones. here is what i am thinking, the guitar is not finished yet so i can't test this theory but perhaps someone knows if this will work.. 

Acoustic pickup -- FH guitar input -- Boost EQ -- Chorus -- Delay -- FX send to pa system

Electric pickups -- FH  Return -- Amp model -- comp -- eq -- reverb -- L mono out to pa system

Hmmm . . . you're definitely pushing the limits of the thing. 

The immediate problem I see is keeping your signals separate. 

This might be remedied by moving the mix to 100% on the FX block. 

I've never tried it before though. If I get a chance this weekend maybe I'll give it a go. 

Okay, will I can confirm that it did work! 

The only thing that was weird, was that at one point I tried to switch to the tuner. I was curious if it would impact the first guitar, the second . . . both?

I found out that it looks like it only impacts the first, but additionally, once I did that both signals wouldn't come through the Firehawk most of the time, and when they did it was crackly, inconsistent, and ugly. 

Resetting the Firehawk fixed it, and I didn't test it again to see if it was a fluke or happens every time you attempt it.  I also have no idea why switching to the tuner would do that, I only know that it appears to have done it in this case. 

So, at least based on the test I did, good news for you.  However, as a reminder, I believe you have to put the FX block to 100% mix in order for it to work.  Otherwise my understanding is that some of the dry signal of your acoustic will mix with your electric tone. 

Awesome, thanks for doing that for me! I am building a strat with an LR Baggs X-bridge & control-x onboard pre. I know its not going to be very convincing on its own but i know i can get it to sound good with some tweaking in the FH. We have to play direct at church and many times i am the only guitar so having both feeds should help fill things out a lot. I know i should have a separate system for each but thats $$$. 

• Like 1