Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Issues with FBV shortboard MKII when used with Spider IV 150

I recently purchased a new Spider IV 150 and found a FBV shortboard MKII used, both arrived today. When I hooked the shortboard up to the amp I noticed the screen would say saying "FBV SB MKII" and would not update to use the tuner or what setting I was on with the amp, nor would the leds work either for any button.  Also noticed the up and down buttons did not work along with the pedal.Every other button functions correctly. I plugged the shortboard into my computer and went through the update on both the pedal and the amp and still had this issues but when plugged into my computer the screen worked as did the up and down and the pedal and the leds as well. The amp functions fine with no issues. I have tried changing the Ethernet cable out as well. Any help would be appreciated 

20190321_193436.jpg

'Ethernet cable" - assume you mean the CAT5 cable connecting the pedal to the amp.  Check the pins on the jacks of both the pedal and the amp - these are easy to get bent out of place.  Since the Shortboard is used, I would be looking at that as the most-likely problem.  If someone plugged the Shortboard directly into a computer/ethernet port it could have damaged some components, yet this would not show up when connecting the Shortboard via USB to a computer.