Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx stomp issues

LoganAbbott

Hi so first time posting here, need some help! I recently bought the hx stomp, and while it delivers sound wise, better than anything else I have, sometimes when I play it freezes up and makes it unable for me to change patches. Only way around it is to restart the hx which live would not work as it takes 20+ sec. I updated to the newest file the other day and it happens when I’m plugged in usb to my computer but also no usb just going straight combo amp! Please help, I’ve opened a support ticket already but I’m hoping I don’t have to return this and get a new one!

5 hours ago, LoganAbbott said:

Hi so first time posting here, need some help! I recently bought the hx stomp, and while it delivers sound wise, better than anything else I have, sometimes when I play it freezes up and makes it unable for me to change patches. Only way around it is to restart the hx which live would not work as it takes 20+ sec. I updated to the newest file the other day and it happens when I’m plugged in usb to my computer but also no usb just going straight combo amp! Please help, I’ve opened a support ticket already but I’m hoping I don’t have to return this and get a new one!

Unfortunately if it's a legitimate bug there's nothing that can be done by any of us. 

Personally, I've had my Stomp freeze up on maybe two occasions. Each time it did though, in my case the sound kept going and so it wouldn't have been a completely unworkable situation (for the most part) in a live setting. You would do the restart in between songs and it would take a few seconds.

How often does yours do this?  Does the sound completely cut out? 

Hi yes I ended up sending it back and got a new one with the help of line 6! New one should be here soon. I do have a new question though if anyone can help, Im thinking of buying the seymour duncan dark sun and the melo audio midi controller. How could I run it where the dark sun is midi into hx stomp and controller? I basically want two buttons on the controller to change presets on the dark sun and then 4- 6 others to change hx patches. So Midi out from hx into melo audio and midi out from dark sun in to the in of hx or what would it be? I just want some way to change patches on the helix and presets on the dark sun without having to go through each one so maybe some way for that?

8 hours ago, LoganAbbott said:

Hi yes I ended up sending it back and got a new one with the help of line 6! New one should be here soon. I do have a new question though if anyone can help, Im thinking of buying the seymour duncan dark sun and the melo audio midi controller. How could I run it where the dark sun is midi into hx stomp and controller? I basically want two buttons on the controller to change presets on the dark sun and then 4- 6 others to change hx patches. So Midi out from hx into melo audio and midi out from dark sun in to the in of hx or what would it be? I just want some way to change patches on the helix and presets on the dark sun without having to go through each one so maybe some way for that?

Unfortunately midi is still kind of an untested thing in my world.

My understanding is that both the HX Stomp and the Dark Sun have midi ins and outs, so you can do it either by connecting the Melo Audio Midi Controller to the Stomp's midi in, and then the from the Stomp's midi out connect that to the Dark Sun midi in. 

Or reverse that. 

Then when the Midi Controller sends the program change message to the Stomp (or Dark Sun) it then forwards that message on to the Dark Sun (or Stomp) and both devices switch the preset.