Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 Transmitter Gone Dark

markjbastable

The transmitter of my G10 seems to have spontaneously failed. No sign of life  at all. The halo on the charger flashes red, but the jack-plug device shows no light, nothing. The unit's about two years old and has performed perfectly up to now.

I raised a support ticket online with Line6 and they asked me to download the firmware update and apply it. I did. Not surprisingly it told me it couldn't see the transmitter.

The support desk also said that if the firmware update failed, I should contact my local (UK) service company, who are in Milton Keynes. Once I'd got past the autoreply bots,  a real person said that they could have a go at fixing it if it's still under warranty (which I'll have to check) or, as the transmitter is relatively cheap, just buy a new one - the transmitter only. 

All of which raises a few questions.

1) Has anyone else had this sudden-death issue?
2) Can I indeed buy just the jack-plug transmitter bit?

3) If I do, how will the charger/receiver pair with it?

I asked the guy that last question, and he said "it'll just work. Any receiver will work with any transmitter". Which raises the question of what would happen if I had two of them, and only one of them needed a new transmitter. Does the transmitter speak to the receiver it most recently was plugged into, or something?

Anyway - I feel a bit passed around. Neither Line 6 nor the servicing partner seem that keen on getting involved, so I thought I'd ask for advice here. 

Thank you for your time,

M

• 1 year later...

Hi Mark,  I have just found your post from last year.  I have two of these units, one if fine but the other has a dead transmitter. I have downloaded and installed the new firmware to no effect. did you ever discover a solution to the problem?  Cheers  Trevor