Hi all, I've put up an idea on ideascale for line 6 to swap the compressor and noise gate positions. I think the reversed positions make more sense. If you think so too please vote here 

line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Firehawk-fx-compressor-and-gate-swap/950226-23508?submitted=1#idea-tab-comments 

I like the gate where it is, but the compressor behind the amp/cab was a silly design choice.

Gate seems to be okayish, but over the years i have developed a liking for compressor first in the chain, to even out picking and strumming before it hits gain, amp, etc and the noise gate just before my signal hits the delay and reverb to clean it up so any noises and hisses don't get amplified and repeated by delay etc. Thus i am currently using one of the compressor models just before my distortion, but this takes up one of my valuable blocks. This swap should be easy to do and saves (at least for me) one of the wild card blocks.

• Like 1

If you watch the Jason Sadites Helix videos for creating tones, he always has a LA Studio compressor at the end of the chain to blend the signal and make it just like they do in an actual studio.