Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bulletin 59 Recall Question

TYBONE

Ok so the word came down That my serial number on my (new to me) DT50 112 is in fact a unit with a possible faulty power section. Which I am fine with as I just picked it up used form GC for a killer price and the fix is on the house. Bulletin 59 I believe it is. My question is this. The amp works and plays great now and I wont be able to get it in till after the holidays anyway. Can I continue to crank it up every night as long as it shows no signs of problems? I dont want to damage anything more internally but I would assume I can play it till it fails, no? Anybodies input with info on this or experience with the same deal would be greatly appreciated.

By The way I have read most of the posts about this issue, just didnt know if the bulletin mentioned to get it serviced asap or kinda keep rippin it til it goes. Thanks.

Line 6 support ticket answer “The amp should be alright for use as long as it does not appear to be acting strange.†I love when a company actually gets back to you. Thank you Line 6! Ok so I’ll leave this post alone. But am still just wandering if anyone has a recalled serial # DT and it never acted up and they never bothered will the fix? I cant be ampless for 3+ weeks and she plays/sounds perfect. I might just stick it out til/if something arises.

get the service center to order the parts and call you when they come in... 

use the amp in the meantime, and likely not too long of a wait once the parts are in hand.

Line 6 support ticket answer “The amp should be alright for use as long as it does not appear to be acting strange.†I love when a company actually gets back to you. Thank you Line 6! Ok so I’ll leave this post alone. But am still just wandering if anyone has a recalled serial # DT and it never acted up and they never bothered will the fix? I cant be ampless for 3+ weeks and she plays/sounds perfect. I might just stick it out til/if something arises.