Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Use a strictly a multi stomp / no modeling?

MikeDVI

HI all, thought I would jump in to confirm this from what I have read - - Is it possible to assign all of the FS buttons to a different stomp, thereby making a "glorified" 8 or 10 pedal pedalboard only? This would be for mostly live use through an amp, and will replace an existing pedal board with about 5 pedals on it. That pedalboard will become my backup.

When I get called many times I need more versatility (as in more pedal "types") and don't really want to be carrying around 10+ pedals on a board. So, would use the firehawk or 500x as the main board per se.

Thanks for your patience if this has been asked already!

(Side note - - If you are wondering, if I need modeling I use an eleven rack for recording etc. I am posting this in the HD500x as well since that is on my consideration list also.)

Mike

1 hour ago, MikeDVI said:

HI all, thought I would jump in to confirm this from what I have read - - Is it possible to assign all of the FS buttons to a different stomp, thereby making a "glorified" 8 or 10 pedal pedalboard only? 

I'm confused by the question. What are you asking exactly?

Fair enough. Keep in mind I don't own of of these yet so that's why I am here.

In other words, the firehawk has 12 footswitches if I am correct. Can I assign a different stomp pedal to all switches, thereby using this unit as a pedalboard out to an amp?

IE - FS1 is compressor, FS2 is maybe light distortion,  "A" might be digital reverb, "B" a chorus, on and on.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, MikeDVI said:

In other words, the firehawk has 12 footswitches if I am correct. Can I assign a different stomp pedal to all switches, thereby using this unit as a pedalboard out to an amp?

IE - FS1 is compressor, FS2 is maybe light distortion,  "A" might be digital reverb, "B" a chorus, on and on.

Thanks!

You can only assign effects to FS1 - 5. Switches A, B, C and D are always for preset selection. Unlike the HD500(X) or Helix, the Firehawk FX doesn't have different footswitch modes.

Thanks for your reply phil_m, I greatly appreciate the info, that is exactly what I needed to know!!

A member also answered me about the 500x on the other thread I started about this over in that forum. I have not ruled out the helix yet either.

Mike

41 minutes ago, MikeDVI said:

Thanks!

Yeah, as answered by Phil, only the FS1 - FS5 can be assigned to effects, except the pedal can also be assigned to specific parameters of the effects, AND it can turn your volume pedal and wah on and off - so that's a little additional functionality that it's good to know about. 

A big part of this is that the Firehawk is limited to five effects, and there are five foot switches. Broadening it out wouldn't really accomplish much. 

The Pod HD500X will get you closer to what you want.  The Helix, obviously, even more so.