Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Erasing Footswitches on the Scribble Strip

misla1

Hello All,

I am in a quandary.  I have four snapshots set on the top line and also have some foot switches at the bottom.  I ONLY want to erase the four footswitches at the bottom not the actual effect because I want to use the four slots below the Snapshots to control Ableton for live performance.  I know how to assign MIDI controls so I am good there.

I also DO NOT want to erase the effect just where it is on the scribble strip.  When I hit more it goes into full stomp mode that I will put the effects.

Any help on how to do this  would be greatly appreciated.

You just want to delete the controllers for the effects, but leave the effects on the chain?

If I'm understanding you right, it's easy to do in HX Edit. Highlight the effects attached to those foot switches, click the controllers tab, and set the controllers to those footswitches to "none."

I don't know how to do it on the floor unit off the top of my head, but it's not too hard either.

1. Select the block assigned to the footswitch you want to clear.
  2. Press the hamburger button...the button with the three lines, next to the Save button.
  3. Select Bypass Assign.
  4. Turn the knob all the way to the left until you see None.