Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

6 Switch Looper for HX Stomp

lemueldave

22 hours ago, foxmeister said:

The 1-switch looper on the Stomp is the 6-switch looper from Helix.

In order to access the additional functionality on the other switches, you need to use a MIDI controller such as the Morningstar MC6 MkII.

Jason Sadites has a great video describing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db6JQp46QYI

Wow. Thanks for this. I haven't noticed I can just use Midi CC for the switches. Is it possible to use the extra two footswitches in the HX stomp if I don't want to buy another midi conteroller?

4 hours ago, lemueldave said:

Wow. Thanks for this. I haven't noticed I can just use Midi CC for the switches. Is it possible to use the extra two footswitches in the HX stomp if I don't want to buy another midi conteroller?

Unfortunately, no. I do wish that they would come up with a different solution than the one switch looper (i.e. maybe some sort of double tap that goes into looper mode and then allows all the other switches to control the looper). 

With that said, I've been practicing with the one switch looper. I have to say, you can get pretty good at it. Still easy to bork sometimes though. 

14 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

Unfortunately, no. I do wish that they would come up with a different solution than the one switch looper (i.e. maybe some sort of double tap that goes into looper mode and then allows all the other switches to control the looper). 

With that said, I've been practicing with the one switch looper. I have to say, you can get pretty good at it. Still easy to bork sometimes though. 

Well, that's too bad. Anyways, maybe I'll try using my mpk249 as a midi controller through midi cables. Also, can the Stomp receive USB midi? Say my Akai mpk mini mkii to send CC messages?

9 hours ago, lemueldave said:

Well, that's too bad. Anyways, maybe I'll try using my mpk249 as a midi controller through midi cables. Also, can the Stomp receive USB midi? Say my Akai mpk mini mkii to send CC messages?

Yes, it manages USB midi the same way it handles regular midi. 

On 3/27/2019 at 6:36 PM, Kilrahi said:

Yes, it manages USB midi the same way it handles regular midi. 

Thanks again! I tried a midi app in iphone through the camera connection kit, and it works! The good thing is, i can keep using my foot to start recording/overdubbing, and apply the effects using my hand whenever there's playback. This way's cheaper than getting a midi foot controller.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Mairlip said:

Is there a delete everything function on the looper that you can program via midi? I can’t seem to find it and I’d like to know before spending all that cash on the Morningstar.

What do you mean by "delete everything?"

If you are referring to the loop, the Stomp can only store one loop. Rather than choose "delete everything," if you want to record a new loop just push the record button. It deletes the old loop and records a new one.

Oh! 

I didn’t really get how to interpret all those midi cc, values and such. So I didn’t think of record/overdub as separate commands. I’ve never messed with midi commands before only read a little about it. Your answer got me thinking in the right track. I think I got it now! 

Thank you :)

• 11 months later...

Hello Gents,

A little help would be highly appreciated.

Topic: HX stomp & morning star – 6 switch looper, Dub switch is acting up on morning star. 

I click Rec / then play, all works fine

Rec / then Dub, works fine, however, i'm stuck in DUB, cannot go back to play mode, unless I stop.

I cannot even Rec over a previous recording using either the Rec or Dub switch.

The single switch on the HX stomp is always the saviour. 

Something is not right. All CC and settings seem in place.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Thank you.