Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT power cable

cvpe913

Just got a Helix LT as a gift last week, and quickly noticed that powering it on is erratic, sometimes I need to push the power cable very hard in to have it turned on...made a ticket at support and pointed mo to the local distributor here in Manila who was very supportive haha! they told me that it would take two months to diagnose and possibly repair my lt... send the response back to my support ticket and they told me that it is the distributors prerogative.. while tinkering, I tried the power cable of our rice cooker and it worked! powers on the lt flawlessly... I conttacted the distributor again to request for a replacement power cable and fell to deaf ears haha! send my request to the support ticket and they told me that I have to get it to the distributor... all the hassle for a defective power cable... Line 6 products are awesome but the support that I experienced sucks big time!

2 minutes ago, czarkhanpe said:

Just got a Helix LT as a gift last week, 

My sympathies that you ran into issues right out of the box.

On another note, it was my birthday yesterday and the gift I got was a reasonably cool hat.

Clearly I need to branch out and make more friends. 

• Thanks 1

Line 6 has agreements with their distributors they must follow. I live in Canada and must go through my distributor for any problems as well. They do not hide this fact on their website. However, they do want to know when a distributor is unreasonable.. and sometimes they will intervene (by communication only) when needed. 

I don't know about Manila, but around here those power cables (IEC / Kettle Cords) are about $2 - $5 and are very easy to find. I have a box of them because they outlive every device they come with. Don't get me wrong.... I'm sorry your distributor is giving you the run around, and they should send you a new one... but I sure wouldn't be losing any sleep over an IEC Cable, I'd just plug in different one and move on.... maybe that's just me. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, codamedia said:

Line 6 has agreements with their distributors they must follow. I live in Canada and must go through my distributor for any problems as well. They do not hide this fact on their website. However, they do want to know when a distributor is unreasonable.. and sometimes they will intervene (by communication only) when needed. 

I don't know about Manila, but around here those power cables (IEC / Kettle Cords) are about $2 - $5 and are very easy to find. I have a box of them because they outlive every device they come with. Don't get me wrong.... I'm sorry your distributor is giving you the run around, and they should send you a new one... but I sure wouldn't be losing any sleep over an IEC Cable, I'd just plug in different one and move on.... maybe that's just me. 

Yeah, will just have to move on :-) ... But Line 6 customer support and relations will be a big negative to me though.... I mean, if they cant help and reach out for you've described as only an IEC cable, what more if there are bigger issues/problems/defects of a Line 6 product? Would assume that it would be harder if not next to impossible... Just sayin :-)