Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting Guitar And Harmonica To Pod Hd

michals58

I need a solution that brings together the microphone harmonica and electric guitar into one amp with the ability to define different effects for each instrument.

I'm using  the FLEX RACK AMPLIFIED HARMONICA HOLDER (HI-Z NOS Crystal microphone) with a 1/4-inch input, and my guitar is a Gibson SGJ.

Can I do this using the POD HD Desktop or POD HD 500X?

You could do it pretty easily with either. The 500X would probably be the better choice simply because you'll get a little extra DSP processing power which may come in handy for doing a dual signal chain like you're describing. But the simple answer is yes, it's something easily doable.

If you are playing live the HD500X may be a better choice, as you can control any changes (and tune) hands-free without needing extra gear. 

are you going to be using a "bullet" mic with you harp?  If so, try the gibtone 185 or deluxe to start with, that should get you in the ball park if you are going for that tone.

I remember a couple years ago a gentleman came to the Line 6 booth and was playing a bullet mic/harp into the "Insane" model on one of the amps - pretty strange but sounded cool all the same.  we dubbed him "Meshuggah Harp"

Thank you for your response.

I am a beginner guitarist and harp player, but maybe I will have the opportunity to perform live in the future. In the past, it happened twice.

So I decided to purchase POD HD500x.

To play the harmonica I also use Shure Green Bullet 520DX which will certainly sounded great on the HD500X.

Thank you for your advice and best regards,

Michael

• Upvote 1