Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects Wah volume issue

ssebesta75

Hi folks,

I have an HX Effects with an EP1-L6 expression pedal attached. I do NOT use the auto-engage feature; for now I have the expression pedal mapped to a switch for turning it on and off manually.   When I use a wah effect - Fassel, for instance - the volume in the pedal's "open" position is very, very quiet; closing the expression pedal increases the volume back to what I would call normal. I don't have any Volume pedal effects assigned.  So basically, I'm getting a wah effect, but it's way too quiet in the open position.  I've messed with every setting I can think of nothing so far fixes the issue.  Anyone have any thoughts as to what might cause this or how to fix it?

Thanks,

Stephen

I've never really used the Helix wahs, as I prefer my Fulltone Clyde, so I'm guessing here... but assuming that the wahs have a level parameter as pretty much all the FX blocks do, it seems to me you could simply adjust that to match the level you get when the block is bypassed.

Thanks for the reply! The problem, though, is that the volume is fine when the pedal is in the closed position; but when I open it up, it gets really quiet.  The only thing that adjusting the level does is make it really loud when I close the pedal, and then it's back to quiet when I open it.  If that makes sense.

I use the built-in wah with an expression pedal, and I haven't noticed anything like that.  Might you have the pedal inadvertantly  mapped to "level" on the wah, as well as "position", or even on some other effect?  You could tell whether you've done it on another effect by turning the wah off with your switch and see if the pedal affects volume.  If not, check all the other parameters on the wah.

Thanks for the responses folks, but still no luck.  I tried out a few things after work, verified that the expression pedal is mapped only to position...still no luck.  I know this just doesn’t sound right. But I appreciate everyone’s ideas!

Try this.... 

• Make sure the EXP is plugged into EXP 1
  • Remove the WAH block from the patch and save
  • Play the guitar while moving the pedal.... make sure that pedal is NOT adjusting anything else in the patch. 
  • Add the wah block back in... it should auto assign itself to EXP1  (IIRC all HX devices auto assign wah to EXP1... but I don't own an HX effects to test this)
  • What happens now? 

If that fails, try inserting a wah on an empty patch to see what happens. 

• Like 1