Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ux1 Pops&clicks On New Pc

vEgGg

Hi!
I've got some serious problems with my UX1, and can't really figure out the reason, I hope maybe someone can help me. So, I've been using my UX1 for a couple of years now. Everything worked fine, until I bought a new PC. On my new PC, sound playback (may it be music, video, or just jamming on Pod Farm) produces pops and clicks, whenever some CPU-demanding application runs in the background (even if it's set to low priority, for example a video coding in Virtual Dub). It's like the handling of sound doesn't get enough priority. The UX1 still works fine on my old PC, it doesn't pop and click, even if I run the same CPU-demanding applications in the background. Specs are the followings:

Old PC:
Asus A7M266 motherboard

AMD Phenom X3 8750 CPU

4GB DDR2 RAM

New PC:

Gigabyte H77-D3H motherboard

Intel Core i7 3770K CPU

8GB DDR3 RAM

Both systems run the same Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit OS, and audio settings are also identical in the Line6 control panel. I'm using extra small buffer size, but turning it up doesn't help at all (also, if my old system handles it fine, the new one should also handle it). The UX1 is plugged into a USB 3.0 port on the back of the motherboard, not into a hub (checked it with usbdeview). Newest driver (4.2.7.1) is installed on my new system, 4.2.5.1 runs on my old one. Has anyone encountered similar problems?

Thanks in advance for any advice you provide!

Laszlo from Hungary

If you run Monkey you have green ticks for everything?

Also, try a native USB 2.0 port (actually try al your ports). Even though 3.0 is backwards compatible, some chipsets are buggy with some 2.0 devices.

Yes, Monkey has green ticks, and everything works fine, until I run for example a video encoding in the background, which makes it impossible to listen to music or practice with the guitar while it's running. Maybe I could live with it, because video encoding is not a regular task for me (just encoding some old family VHS stuff for Christmas at the moment), but it's still really annoying, because it worked fine on my old PC. However, thank you for your answer, I'll definitely try other USB ports as well, and I'll let you know if it worked. 

• 2 weeks later...