Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

sun sheild

mapletop

for out side playing i saw  that ceba makes sun shield was wondering if anyone here uses them and if so what do they think of them?i have some gigs coming up that are out side if anyone has idea's to shade the helix.let me know thanks again

• 1 month later...

I've just played a couple of outside gigs and it's really tough to use my hx-effects in the sun.  It's hard to read the labels, but I can live with that.  The really bad part is that I can't tell if the led rings around the buttons are on or off, so I don't know which effects blocks are on.  The ceba sunshade that the OP mentioned (https://www.gearbyceba.com/music-products/helix-sun-shield-splash-guard) looks slick, but looks like way overkill, too big for my hx-effects, and costs $125.  Has anybody come up with any other solutions for this?

10 hours ago, loonsailor said:

The really bad part is that I can't tell if the led rings around the buttons are on or off, so I don't know which effects blocks are on.  

I'm assuming you still have the rings set to the default setting of  "Lo/Brt"... this just dims the rings when not used.

This might look nice but for me I could never really tell when something was on or off. You can change this setting so the rings turn OFF when not used, which IMO... works much better.

Global Settings > Displays > LED Ring   (Set this to "Off/Brt")

38 minutes ago, loonsailor said:

I've already set it to off/brt, and still can't see it.  It's just not bright enough to be seen in any sunlight.

Wow... those rings are what I rely on in the sun and they have worked for me.  The scribble strips disappeared on me in the sun.