Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Multi-Head delay + exp pedal problem

huzzam

Hello! I'm using an M5 with an expression pedal (which works fine in general). On the Multi-Head delay, I want expression to control feedback and mix. But whenever I move it, it also changes the delay time that I hear. It does NOT change the delay time on the display (which is 1/8th notes), nor what the flashing tap tempo light shows.

But the delay I'm hearing definitely goes much faster. It's as if it's resetting to a pre-determined rate. Further movement of the expression pedal does not change the delay time anymore, and it stays at this fast rate, until i tap something else. Then again, the tapped tempo only lasts until the next movement of the exp pedal.

I do not have this issue with other delays where i've set up a similar thing. I've tried it with Analog, Ana+Mod, Tape, Tube Tabe, and Digital, and it works great with all of those. Why does only the Multi-Head delay revert to some unrelated time???

I've checked the settings and I have global tap enabled. I've also tried setting the bpm in the settings to both 240bpm and 30bpm, and this also has no effect on the problem.

Any ideas? i'd love to be able to get the multi-head to oscillate without losing my tempo...