Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mission engineering TT2 issue HX Stomp

Beckybrown

Hi all,

I just bought the TT2 switch by Mission engineering to help run my HX Stomp on stage. After following 2 videos - including one by expert Jason S, I can’t get either of the switches to bank down.

The TT2 has two switches that can be assigned for different things. In ‘Global settings’ I was able to assign FS4 to ‘bank up’ but setting FS5 to ‘bank down’ isn’t working. When I press one button on the TT2 it banks up brilliantly. But for the life of me I can’t get the other button (FS5?) to bank down or preset down. 

It’s great I can go UP but I’d like to be able to move DOWN also!! 

Any ideas fellow stompers ?? 

Many thanks :) 

54 minutes ago, Beckybrown said:

Hi all,

I just bought the TT2 switch by Mission engineering to help run my HX Stomp on stage. After following 2 videos - including one by expert Jason S, I can’t get either of the switches to bank down.

The TT2 has two switches that can be assigned for different things. In ‘Global settings’ I was able to assign FS4 to ‘bank up’ but setting FS5 to ‘bank down’ isn’t working. When I press one button on the TT2 it banks up brilliantly. But for the life of me I can’t get the other button (FS5?) to bank down or preset down. 

It’s great I can go UP but I’d like to be able to move DOWN also!! 

Any ideas fellow stompers ?? 

Many thanks :) 

For me, getting all the settings right on foot pedals and switches can be a mini nightmare. It's so easy to miss a setting in the global settings. 

In your situation, I'd double check that these global settings are correct first:

Global Settings > Preferences

EXP/FS Tip: Set to Footswitch 4. 

EXP/FS Ring: Set to Footswitch 5. 

Global Settings > Footswitches

FS4 Function: Set to bank up. 

FS5 Function: Set to bank down. 

Only if all of the above is correct will it work properly. Let me know if this doesn't help and I can bang my head against the wall some more.  Good luck!

Thanku so much for the reply. I have checked these settings - but I will absolutely have another look. It should be working but it’s not. I may have missed something, as u say it can be a bit of a nightmare! All I know is I have a gig soon and so far I can only bank up :( 

2 hours ago, Beckybrown said:

Thanku so much for the reply. I have checked these settings - but I will absolutely have another look. It should be working but it’s not. I may have missed something, as u say it can be a bit of a nightmare! All I know is I have a gig soon and so far I can only bank up :( 

If you have the global preferences AND the global foot switches exactly as described above then I believe it should work.  

I can try to test it again myself tonight, but you might want to open a support ticket with a gig coming.

Another possibility, are you using a TRS cable? If you use a standard TS cable then only one of the footswitches will work. 

OMG. 

So here I was thinking all of my guitar (jack) cables were TRS. Wrong ! They’re ALL TS. 

By a stroke of luck I found a speaker lead that looks slightly different- has an extra ‘ring’ on it. Then bam. It’s a TRS....and now both FS4 and FS5 work perfectly. Bank up AND down no problems. I’m so very relieved. Thanks again Kilrahi. I’ve learned something very important today :))) Phew! 

• Like 1