Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Animated interactive GUI for Helix..

vstrattomusic

I mean they have already made tweaking stuff pretty natural with the 6 knobs under the screen and being able to go back to the default setting by clicking on the knob if you're getting too messed up, I wish I used the hardware more, but since I'm always using IRs and changing inputs for reamp and such HX Edit is so much faster..

9 minutes ago, vstrattomusic said:

I mean they have already made tweaking stuff pretty natural with the 6 knobs under the screen and being able to go back to the default setting by clicking on the knob if you're getting too messed up, I wish I used the hardware more, but since I'm always using IRs and changing inputs for reamp and such HX Edit is so much faster..

Good luck doing that when you need to tweak something when playing live.

It won't do you much good to post that sort of stuff here since the only place Line 6 looks at for product feedback is on Ideascale.

1 minute ago, DunedinDragon said:

Good luck doing that when you need to tweak something when playing live.

What? Changing inputs and IR's or tweaking? I don't wanna use the Helix to play live because reasons, but I imagine changing parameters is pretty easy, just assign everything to a stomp and when you need to change it you just touch the stomp without pressing it, the block you want gets selected and you can tweak anything you want, it's not as fast as a tube amp but way faster than a rack modeller I imagine.

In the Digital Modeling forum over on TGP this (skeuomorphic (spelling?) interface design) has been discussed, and IIRC, the reason is that it's development intensive and there's problems with screen scaling. IOW, not worth the effort/resources to develop and support. It's too bad, I like pretty interfaces too!

2 minutes ago, PiFromBRC said:

The only animation I'm interested in seeing is metering and hopefully a useful tuner.

(To Admins:  That totally doesn't count since I struck it out).

Hahahahahah what's your beef with the tuner? Mine can be too sensitive sometimes and picks up stuff from the electricity which makes me paranoid, but other than than no problem, the only one that I use is the Fine option though, seems to be the best option.

2 hours ago, vstrattomusic said:

What? Changing inputs and IR's or tweaking? I don't wanna use the Helix to play live because reasons, but I imagine changing parameters is pretty easy, just assign everything to a stomp and when you need to change it you just touch the stomp without pressing it, the block you want gets selected and you can tweak anything you want, it's not as fast as a tube amp but way faster than a rack modeller I imagine.

I'm referring to being familiar with the native hardware interface and functions if you're only familiar with HX Edit.

7 minutes ago, DunedinDragon said:

I'm referring to being familiar with the native hardware interface and functions if you're only familiar with HX Edit.

Hmm well I think everything's pretty easy on the Helix, it's a like a videogame, you try all of the controls and different combinations when you're starting out, the only thing I haven't gone into yet is snapshots, never used them.

19 hours ago, vstrattomusic said:

Hahahahahah what's your beef with the tuner? Mine can be too sensitive sometimes and picks up stuff from the electricity which makes me paranoid, but other than than no problem, the only one that I use is the Fine option though, seems to be the best option.

Long story.  Involves Ahnold and Tuna.