Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Distortion on clean tone

kyleernest

Hey guys! I'm pretty much of a newbie when it comes to building a tone. I have the 500X and on my clean tone I get distortion if i hit hard enough. I play funk sometimes and the strumming sounds distorted in the delay and even without the delay. Can I get some help and advise as to what I should do? Thanks! :)

While the "single input" is the best solution, if you have already designed 200 distorted tones and don't feel like redesigning them to accommodate the new setting... 

pick lighter 

roll your guitar volume down from 10 to 8 

if your guitar has a coil splitting feature, use the single coils for cleans. 

I'm a little confused in terms of selecting the single input feature. Could I get a little help getting it set up 

1 hour ago, hurghanico said:

choose a typical clean amp model, set the amp DRIVE control to stay below the tone break up point, but most importantly and especially for clean tones use the single input approach..

you can find more details already written about the single input approach in a thread posted on my forum website linked here: 

https://allabouthd500x.altervista.org/allabouthd500x/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

1 hour ago, kyleernest said:

Hey guys! I'm pretty much of a newbie when it comes to building a tone. I have the 500X and on my clean tone I get distortion if i hit hard enough. I play funk sometimes and the strumming sounds distorted in the delay and even without the delay. Can I get some help and advise as to what I should do? Thanks! :)

I would select Variax over AUX, but that is based on my usage. 

Also, the global vs preset option is usually going to be decided upon based on what you are using the device for,,,, which may change in the future as you get familiar with the device. Most people are fine using the global setting.